Sunday, June 2, 2013

Nothing is ever perfect

In the beginning of my writing career I created a six book series. Most of you know it, some of you have read it. It was my first love when it came to writing. It also was my first dive into self publishing.

I love Wingless. But in all honesty, I have grown as a writer. I have learned a lot, I know more now than I did back in 2009. Therefore, I wanted to take what I know now and polish up Wingless, because it deserves it.

Since 2009, I have learned how to dive into sex scenes, I have learned to show more and not tell so much. I have learned what words are just useless, not to repeat the same thing over and over in different ways. I really could go on and on about what I have learned.

I am not perfect. I still have flaws just like anybody in this universe. But I believe I have what it takes now to improve on this story.

I remember the first time it went out, I remember the very first comments,the good, the bad, the first raving reader (I still speak to this lovely lady to this day). I have discovered a lot of readers who enjoyed my Wingless series. I have enjoyed them all.

So therefore I am working on bettering something that I believe in. And there is nothing funner than taking something and revamping it. It's like a dilapidated house that you give a lot of tlc and end up with a beautiful castle.

I designed a new cover. And so far the rewrite is going great.


So my question for writers, looking back on your first book, do you think its what it should be? Would you rewrite it? Or do you choose to live and learn.

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment