Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sample Sunday: Ink 3

It's time for Sample Sunday! I missed a Sunday or two, I promise I will make up for it. Today I am going to share some of Ink 3 with everyone. Just remember this is raw and hasn't been edited yet. But enjoy what is to come! And remember the ebooks are available on Amazon, if you are interested in reading the series.


                                  image



“Witches,” Nona said.  For the hundredth time since the bars of the jail opened and I was allowed to walk free.
“Witches?” Dad asked me. I climbed into the backseat of Claude’s car.
“Is there anything anyone else wants to say besides that word?” I asked.
Nona buckled her seatbelt. “I just don’t understand the accusations.” She was just as confused about the situation.
“I think if my daughter was stabbed last summer I would have known about it,” Dad shook his head.
I rubbed my temples in a slow circular motion. My head ached beyond anything I felt before in my life.
Everyone wanted answers. They also wanted the truth. But the truth was they wouldn’t believe anything I had to say about witches.
I stared out the window at all the picketers surrounding the jailhouse. Everyone was holding a sign that showcased the hatred for witches. Cherry was a full on battleground after Audrey tried to kill Tucker.
Once Tucker escaped and told everyone everything went from bad to worse. There was no escaping before they cuffed us and threw us in jail on ridiculous charges.
I looked at Nona, thankful she was rich and could get me out of jail. I didn’t know the first thing about surviving in such a place.
Claude was the only one being silent as we coasted down the main road back to my house. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. I didn’t know what I would say.
“Do you think it’s a good idea to be taking her back to the beach house?” Claude asked. It was one of the first times I seen him say just about anything.
Dad sighed. “I think I can handle things. I will not let anyone lay a finger on my daughter.”
“Look what has happened so far, I don’t think you’ll have much of a choice,” Nona tossed in. She pulled down her visor and dropped her head back.
“Mom this is my daughter. I think I know what’s best for her,” Dad snapped.
I groaned. “You guys, calm down. We haven’t even made it home yet and you’re all freaking out. I’m an adult; I will choose what I want to do.” My fingers grazed my temples again.
But from the looks of my dad and grandmother I knew it was going to be hard to do.....

Enjoy!! Comment the blog to share your thoughts of Ink 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment