Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunday Sample

I have decided to designate Sunday for excerpts from the books that I am working on. So if your curious about what I am writing here is a sneak peek. Enjoy and always feel free to let me know what you think here on the blog, twitter, Facebook or my new website.

The project I am currently working on is a story about a girl sent to rehab. She is going through a lot and has lost her best friend. Without giving away a bunch I will share that she is the cause of her best friends death. The book is an adult romance. And so far I am really liking where it is going. I hope everyone else does as well.

So here you go:


She stood in front of him her heart pounding in her chest. She didn't know why the thought of touching him was making her so tense, but it was.
“I can’t promise anything. And you can’t sue me,” she said, staring at his dark head of hair. The kind of hair that belonged to someone famous, the kind of hair you slipped your fingers through and tugged here and there.
She dropped her spray bottle.
“Somebody’s clumsy today,” Hart said a big grin on his face. His dark eyebrows rose in amusement, he kept his eyes on her as she tried to convince herself to touch him.
“I’m fine. Let’s get this over with.” She came a bit closer, he smelled amazing. And the way he was staring at her with those eyes, those brilliant eyes of blue, rimmed with dark lashes.
She ran her fingers through the front of his hair, brushing it back on his head. “What do you want?”
Hart was silent.
Elle tilted her head to the side. “Hello?”
“Sorry.” He blinked. “Do whatever you want to me. I’m sure you’ll make me look great.”
Elle bit her lip, spraying him with the spray bottle. She started to work, combing and cutting. Trying to remember everything that she had learned in hopes she didn't butcher him.
“Got any plans tonight?” Hart asked, he stayed still, letting her try her best. 
“I plan on going home and eating some of my mom’s famous spaghetti and meatballs and then probably going to bed,” she told him. She spun the chair.
“Sounds like a blast,” he said. “You’re never going to give in are you?”
“Probably not.” She looked over his hair, taking him by the chin to turn him the way she needed to get a better look. The scruff on his chin tickled her finger tips, his teeth grazed his bottom lip drawing her eyes to his mouth. He had an amazing set of lips.
“For once just be honest. Am I just not the kind of person you want to be associated with? Is it the rehab thing?” he asked.
Elle shook her head quickly. “No. Hart, it has nothing to do with that, it’s just me. I can’t hang out with you. It’s not a good idea.”
She was with Pauly and in a bad place in her life. She wasn't the girl to be anyone’s friend. She had a hard time being friends with the ones in her life already.
He wasn't saying anything. And now she felt even worse.
“Alright, I’ll be honest. I’m not doing okay. I've never been okay and all I want to do is make it through without another emotional breakdown. I can’t add anything to my life because I’m afraid it will crumble. And the idea of going back to that place I was in scares the shit out of me,” she said.
She dropped her scissors and comb on her station. “Anyways, I think you’re good to go.”
Hart took the mirror she was offering, but didn't look in it. “Looks great.”
“You didn't even look,” she said.
“I don’t care about my hair.”
She rolled her eyes undoing the collar of the cape. “Don’t do that, don’t worry about me. You did the same thing a long time ago.”
“Someone needs to worry about you. One time, just come hang out with me. And after that I’ll leave you alone,” he said. “If I make your life worse than it already is I’ll never bother you again.”
“Why are you so insistent on doing this?” She shook her head. “I’m a mess; you know this better than anyone.”
“So am I,” he insisted. “One time, come be a mess with me.”
“Fine,” she tossed the cape on her station. “One time. You’ll see how much of a mess I am and you’ll quickly go running for the hills.”
She hoped she didn't regret the choice she made. Because making choices was the hardest thing anymore.

Have a great Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment