Monday, June 10, 2013

Meet the author:Brandi Salazar



1. What's your next project?
Currently I am working on finishing up the second novel in my Addicted series, Crossfire. I hope to have it out by August 2013.

2. Name 5 favorite movies. Why?
Labyrinth- One: David Bowie. I had a mad crush on the Goblin King when I was little. Two: Dirty Dancing. I had a mad crush on Patrick Swayze when I was little. Sensing a theme here? LOL. Three: Stand by Me-I so enjoyed the wild ride those boys took me on, and the deal was sealed when I heard Ben E. King’s song “Stand by Me,” which is now one of my all-time favorite songs EVER. Four: Grease- I had a mad crush on John Travolta and wanted nothing more than to be Olivia Newton John. The singing wasn’t half bad either  Five: Somewhere in Time. I’ve always been in love with love and period movies portray it so well I practically swoon right out of my chair. Every time I watch that movie, I shed a tear or two.

3.What's your favorite love story? (movie or book)
I am such an 80s girl so bear with me here. I am going to go with Sixteen Candles (although this might change a dozen times depending on my current mood). I mean, come one. Jake Ryan? What girl didn’t want that guy? Heck, what girl didn’t identify with Samantha Baker? I was, like, one when this movie was made and by the time I was old enough to understand the concept of love and attraction, I was absolutely smitten with this couple.

4. What’s your favorite line from any movie?
Oh! This is easy. “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Father. Prepare to die.” LOL! (Annnnd my favorite love story just changed.)

5. If we Googled your name what would we see?
Probably something that could get me in trouble with the Feds. Kidding. Kidding. You’d see pages and pages of my books, my name, any and all blog posts by me or other bloggers….and maybe a couple of glamorous shots of this gorgeous mug.

6.  You were just given a yacht. What would you name it?
Costa Fortune

7.  If you could have been told one thing that you weren't told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard?
Being a teenager doesn’t last forever.

8. You've just been hired to a promotions position at Kellog Co. What would you put in a new breakfast cereal box as a gimmick?
What wouldn’t I put in it! I’d likely try to stuff a life size blow up of Tony the Tiger in every box.

9. Just like "Everybody Wang Chung tonight!", what action would your name be if it were a verb?
Everybody Brandi Salazar tonight? No clue, but I’ll go with something totally lame and say caring about other too much.

10. If you were attending a Halloween party, what would your costume be and why?
A gothic fairy princess because it represents all the dark and pretty things I like to be.

11. Are you a morning or night person?
Morning for sure. I hate feeling like I’m sleeping the day away, but I love when it’s time to go to sleep.

12.If I wasn't afraid I would _________ (What?)
Go skydiving.

13.Someday, I want to _________ (What?)
Travel to Scotland and see my ancestors’ homeland.

14.You have multiple personalities, describe some of them.
She’s fair skinned with jet black hair and pale blue eyes that see into your soul. She doesn’t speak much, but when she does it’s never good, even when she’s saying it with a smile on her face.

15.What is the best thing you have done in your life?
I know it’s cliché, but having my kids. Life just isn’t complete until you know the love of a child.

16.What are your favorite hobbies?
When I’m not writing, I love reading and now, drawing and painting.

17. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in lust at first sight, which has a potential to turn into love pretty quickly.

18. Does Prince Charming exist?
Maybe on another planet. I think there are a lot of guy that probably come close, but no one can ever be as charming as Prince Charming one-hundred percent of the time.

19.List five adjectives to describe yourself.
Angelic, cheerful, silent, dark, prompt

20. What are your pet peeves or interesting things about you that you dislike?
My biggest pet peeve is lying. Ain’t nobody got time for that! LOL

21.Name one of your favorite things about someone in your family.
My nephew is awesome at story-telling and making you believe they are true, no matter how outlandish. I always find myself shaking my head that I bought into it AGAIN.

22.Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
When I eat a candy bar (any kind), I always eat the chocolate off first and the center last.

23.If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
Antisocial Perfectionist Procrastinator

24.If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?
If it included the rest of my family, a drama. If it was just little ole me, an action film!

Brandi's Websites

JC Valentine sites:                                                                                                                                       

email: branflake3083@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment